Saturday 19 February 2011

Adam Hayes

When I smile I feel better Poster

If you could do anything
 tomorrow what would it be?

Poster design for Foyles bookshops and Picador's book of the month, 'The Lazarus Project' by Aleksander Hemon

I have just recently discovered this Graphic Designer and he has fast become one of my favourite designers as he practices what I feel is becoming a less popular form producing design, Hand rendered work. I myself prefer to create my designs, at least initially using hand based skills.
Adam tends to use things like silk screen and just normal sketching occasionally adding in some photography. Its just so much more personal, and adds textures that I just don't think you can achieve on software programmes, his process seems to be fun! and that comes across and works well with the ' feel good one liners' used in his work....think I will use this to inspire myself to push my use of typography!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment